Friday, August 7, 2009

P R O
H U M A N I T Y



1.Subculture?


I intend for my label to not be aimed at any specific group or subculture, but some subcultures that would definitely be interested in my labels philosophies are: Environmentalists, anti-consumerists and possibly the family 'mother' group.

2. Totems?

3. Symbols?

A skeleton, a skeletons arm/fist, veins, hole in broken glass.

4. Colours?

My palette I think should go along these lines; BLACK, WHITE, RED, BLUE, GREEN.

5. Historical Style?

Street wear...

6. Age Group?

Early teens and up.

7. Gender?

Both male and female

8. Season?

All year round.

9. Geographic distribution?

Mainly to be aimed in Cities and coastal towns but at this point I wouldn't restrict my label to any one certain place. Eventually my label might go international, which would be great.

10. Social, Political or Environmental awareness?

My label is environmentally aware with all our materials being 100% natural and recyclable.
Pro Humanity is aimed also at those people who are simply over the fuss of weather or not it is a 'quicksilver' or 'Billabong' T-shirt. My brand is meant to be kind of like Rivers, with their 'Simple, well built and honest' reputation. Unlike Billabong whom are amping everything up, advertising everywhere, making it seem you MUST have these latest clothing pieces.
But i believe Rivers is unsuccessful in attracting the more youthful (maybe more fashionable) people.
I would like my brand to be in between rivers (being straight forward, honest, reliable) and the more fashionable brands (having neon blue lights in shops, and 'fresher' designs).

I think there would be a massive group of young people especially, who would purchase Pro Humanities clothing simply because all clothes are 100% natural and recyclable. I believe as the name and designs of Pro Humanity became more spread and people found out it was all recylcable it would in its own become fashionable. But this is something that is contradictory and possibly a problem as one aims of this label is to create a new clothing line that's not self obsessed and doesn't need to claim its name all the time, aimed at those younger people not wanting to buy into consumerism. I believe as the new generation comes through it will be socially frowned upon to negatively effect the environment.

11. Define the products in the range?

At this point will only be T-shirts, Shorts, Jeans, jumpers, skirts and some dresses.

12. Types of Fabrics?
Cotton, Wool, Silk, Linen and Hemp. My brand will be brave with materials, experimenting only with all natural fibres though.


13. Name of Brand?


P R O

H U M A N I T Y

No comments:

Post a Comment